Off topic, my mom

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 35
Melissata Posted: Wed, Jan 27 2010 7:47 AM

I just realized that I have never started a post since this site changed, only answered others. I know that I posted a lot about my mom in the past because she was such a big part of my life. I wanted to let you all know that she passed away last Friday, January 22nd. We discovered a bit later that it was also the day that her own mother passed. Her gift to me was to wait until the wee hours of the morning and it was just her and I. After a really tough week, it was peaceful and she just slipped away. I am doing ok. She was 90 years old in December, but didn't even realize it was her birthday. She told me she was ready to go, and I was ready to let her go. I will miss her like crazy, but I had done a lot of grieving over the last 6 months since her stroke. She really was mostly gone since then.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 384
jen1229 replied on Wed, Jan 27 2010 8:06 AM

Hi Mary:

I am so sorry to hear about our mom.  I understand how you feel having gone through it with my mom.  I missed her a lot I still do, 13 years later.  My deepest sympthes to you and your family.  Keep posting to let us know how you are doing.  We miss you.

Jen  - LevemirConfused and Novalog Wink A1c 5.8

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 100
kat replied on Wed, Jan 27 2010 8:58 AM

Hi, Mary,

When pain and limitations are too frequent companions and the time has come, there is nevertheless a void left in the passing.  May memories of your lives together sustain you now in your time of sorrow. 

Mary, we miss you.  Please come back.

T2, diagnosed 12/98.  Diet and exercise 2/03 - 11/08.  Now back on metformin 500 ER.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 90
Dee replied on Wed, Jan 27 2010 11:58 AM

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.  Dee

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 374
Simi_Papa replied on Wed, Jan 27 2010 1:40 PM

So sorry for your loss, Mary.  Thank you for sharing with us.

Bill

"May the Force be with you!"

Diagnosed in 1997; Off all meds except Metformin!! Smile

www.nvhealthy.com

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
whalen replied on Fri, Jan 29 2010 11:55 AM

Dear Mary,

I am so sorry.  It is always terrible to lose a parent.  I'll be thinking of you and please keep posting.

Galemarie

Type 2, lantus and humalog 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 35
Melissata replied on Fri, Jan 29 2010 2:30 PM

Thanks to all of you. The reason that I stopped posting was that there were just not enough hours in the day while caring for mom and trying to do my best to keep things up at home. I am just now realizing the toll it took on me. I promise to come around more now, and it is really nice to know that you missed me!

Today Melissa and I visited the assisted living place that we moved her to just 2 months ago. At the time I had some opposition from 3 of my brothers, but I knew that it was the right thing to do and I wanted them to know how much I appreciated all that they did for mom. Because of being there, she did not have to die in the hospital. Hospice came to us there. What wonderful people they are.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 306
donw replied on Fri, Jan 29 2010 2:38 PM

Mary, sorry to hear of your loss.  I lost my Mom six years ago last week so I understand.

Don

"O Diem Praeclarum!"Big Smile

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 432
Ron AKA replied on Sat, Jan 30 2010 8:52 PM

Mary I'm sorry to hear the news. Losing a parent is one of the really tough ones.

Ron

Not a med prof. Just diabetic type 2 on Prandin, Levemir, ramipril, bisoprolol, & Crestor. Diag. Feb/01.

"I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that don't work." - Thomas Edison

Not Ranked
Posts 1

Mary sorry to hear about your loss  -  our thoughts and prayers are with you

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS