Exercise adn Weight Loss

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 384
jen1229 Posted: Tue, Mar 16 2010 9:11 AM

Hi all:

A new exercise milestone yesterday.  I swam a mile for the first time.  It's only three laps more than my usual laps, but after swimming for two hours it's hard to go on for another three laps and then water fitness class.  The pool had been very cold this past week and I decided not to stay for  class, so I went for it.  I have now lost a total of 78 pounds.

Jen  - LevemirConfused and Novalog Wink A1c 5.8

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 107
nance replied on Tue, Mar 16 2010 10:36 AM

Congratulations, Jen!  Good going!!  Smile

Nance, T2 dx 7/98; diet and exercise/no meds 11 yrs; 500mg Glucophage XR 4/day, 5mg Glucotrol XL 3/day; A1c av. in 6s.  Treadmill, elliptical, biking, Arc trainer, dumbbells, other resistance moves -- 30-60 minutes a day.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
whalen replied on Tue, Mar 16 2010 1:07 PM

Dear Jen,

You certainly are an inspiration.  I look forward to your posts.

Galemarie

Type 2, lantus and humalog 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 90
Dee replied on Tue, Mar 16 2010 1:44 PM

Jen, you are an inspiration.  I am so proud of you and your efforts, we will need an update photo too!  Dee

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2

Wow! What an inspiration you are! I was just diagnosed with diabetes and need to lose weight. Your story is what will give me the inspiration and confidence to get myself going. Thank youStick out tongue

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 384
jen1229 replied on Sat, Apr 10 2010 6:55 PM

An update to my last post, i have now lost 82 pounds.  I chose Weight Watchers because there are no foods you cannot eat.  you just learn how to deal with them.  This program is sustainable for that particular reason.  they give you good health guidelines to follow, which include eating heart healthy oils and whole grain foods. I'm quite happy, and I think the doc will be as well, when I go on Tuesday.

Jen  - LevemirConfused and Novalog Wink A1c 5.8

• Filed under:
Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 432
Ron AKA replied on Sat, Apr 10 2010 8:07 PM

Jen, that is amazing. Keep it up.

Ron

Not a med prof. Just diabetic type 2 on Prandin, Levemir, ramipril, bisoprolol, & Crestor. Diag. Feb/01.

"I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that don't work." - Thomas Edison

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS