new board

rated by 0 users
This post has 96 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 100
kat replied on Sat, Jan 10 2009 9:57 PM

Jorgie,

Not so tough for someone who knows that Joslin = diabetes, but for a newly diagnosed person who is just trying to find help and does not know Joslin, it's quite another matter.

T2, diagnosed 12/98.  Diet and exercise 2/03 - 11/08.  Now back on metformin 500 ER.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 12
naniwa replied on Mon, Jan 12 2009 9:56 PM

Well, that assumes that you know what Joslin is. Did you when you were first diagnosed?

When I googled Joslin just now, the link was to http://www.joslin.org/. From there, you have to select Discussion Boards. Not very web-friendly to someone newly diagnosed.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 1

Hello I am going to be blogging about how I manage diabetes in college. I am a sophomore at Babson College please feel free to come to my website and check out my daily blogs

www.diabetesincollege.blogspot.com

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 140
shortie replied on Wed, Jan 14 2009 5:47 PM

Hey the board is back on.  I wish that there was a link to click to be able to let the administrator know when we find a problem.  I could not post or do much of anything on this site this morning.  I went to Joslin homepage and sent an email to them to ask Eric to help us.  Perhaps it worked.

I do not care for the emailed responses because they fill up my server with emails!  i forgot to click the check mark off the bottom of the post I did and got about 10 emails!   Wish that you had to put the check mark in instead of take if off.?

Keep warm everyone it is going to be very cold tonight and tomorrow.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 58
Short-Jan replied on Wed, Jan 14 2009 8:28 PM

Thanks Shortie, maybe your email to Eric did the trick. I was unable to read any posts at all yesterday and until now, for today. 

Thanks to whoever is responsible for getting the board back online.

Jan

type 1 dx. 1955

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 90
Dee replied on Thu, Jan 15 2009 11:46 AM

What Jan said!Wink

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 140
shortie replied on Fri, Jan 16 2009 9:07 AM

I checked last night and using Ron's excellent  idea of bookmarking so that I can go to posts I have not read instead of hunting for posts I have not read....AND THERE WERE NO NEW POSTS!  No one seems to be using the site anymore.......I do not think Eric has posted either...no response to my email to Joslin  regarding the website not working...all a mystery.

My diabetes supply company, contracted by my insurance company, does a phone call to check how you are once in a while.  A couple days later a CDE called as a follow up.  Not any real personal questions, just a confident pat on the back for doing well and making sure you know that they are there if you have questions....kinda nice feeling.....kind like this board used to be?

People please to not read and not post....we do not care if you make mistakes in using the board...but use it please!

Has Tor been reading and just not posting or has he given up on us?  Tor...come in Tor.

Shortie

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
whalen replied on Fri, Jan 16 2009 10:46 AM

Dear Shortie,

I too wish people would post as they used to.  There seems not to be any more back-and-forth.  I don't know really what we can do about it.  There are a lot of people registered to use the Board, very few posting on it, even our old regulars.

Galemarie

Type 2, lantus and humalog 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 77
lebrecht replied on Fri, Jan 16 2009 11:01 AM

I think there is a coldness about this board and it's format. Certainly most are not using this board. It is no longer like our old family and talking to one another. Nothing seems personal or touching. Too bad, I posted and made freinds for so many, many  years that it feels sad to end this way.

Anne

Type 2  for 25 years. On insulin, Humalog, Lantus. 

Published author:     http://www.annelebrecht.com 

Novels, Poetry, Short Stories, Articles.

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 3
Mikelbear replied on Fri, Jan 16 2009 12:11 PM

I for one was a long-time member of the previous boards and will probably not be using this new one--I just do not like it at all, sorry.

Michael

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 133

Few of us like change.  It doesn't really matter whether we like this board format or not, it's what Joslin felt it had to do.  Most of the old posters seem to be here, several frequent posters are not.  I know Tor and Joe Buffalo used to post frequently, and have not done so lately.  Ron AKA seems to have posted less than previously as well.

I think we all need to be patient, and give the board a chance to gain it's sealegs.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 128
whalen replied on Fri, Jan 16 2009 3:45 PM

Dear Nomorecarbs,

You are absolutely right.  I do hope things turn around.

Galemarie

Type 2, lantus and humalog 

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 111
Jorgie replied on Fri, Jan 16 2009 4:22 PM

It's really up to us to get it going again even if there are a few things we don't like.

jorgie

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 90
Dee replied on Sat, Jan 17 2009 12:55 AM

I've been guilty of lurking a lot and hardly ever posting, after all someone always posts the comment I would have made.  The board is US, we have to keep it going.  It was invaluable to me when I was diagnosed, and it would be a shame to let it just fade away. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 140
shortie replied on Sat, Jan 17 2009 6:52 AM

I am so happy to see people responding to my email about no one using this board.  Do you realize that just clicking reply and stating your feelings IS GOOD FOR YOUR DIABETES....you are relieving stress and anxiety about this board which is another frustration in our diabetic lives----which used to be a pacifier to us all.  I only wish someone were here from Joslin to comment and help us  and make us feel like they care about us again.

I also would like Joslin to know that email responses are coming to me via email even tho I de-clicked that option.  And when I click on the link board in that email from Joslin it takes me right to the response email area on the website which is excellent even tho I have already read it on my laptop , BUT IT WON'T LET ME RESPOND UNTIL I LOG IN ......and.......WHEN I LOG IN IT SAYS I HAVE THE WRONG PASSWORD ETC.  So I go to the bookmark I made from Ron's advice and here I am....... 

Helpppppppppppp  ....please.........keep us healthy!

Shortie

ps keep posting people....is anyone freezing like me?  -2 F in NYS

Page 2 of 7 (97 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS