Why Wait? Program.... Any thoughts?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Female
3 Posts
MapleGirl posted on Wed, Apr 21 2010 10:53 AM

I just got a packet in the mail about a July Why Wait program start.  Has anyone tried this?  What were your thoughts?  What was it like?

All Replies

Not Ranked
1 Posts
lisaf replied on Mon, May 17 2010 10:36 AM

I was in the January Why Wait program and cannot say enough good things about the program.  I lost 33 pounds in the 13 week program along with my A1C going down.  The Wednesday group was great.  We have kept in touch and are attempting to continue our group sessions on our own with our first participant meeting being held next week.  The support from the whole health care provider team along with the other patients is invaluable.  If you are accepted into the program DO IT!  It is a wonderful learning tool that has taught me how to mange my exercise, nutrition, and diabetes in harmony.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
3 Posts
MapleGirl replied on Mon, May 17 2010 10:44 AM

Wow!  That's wonderful and congratulations.  If you don't mind me asking, what insurance do you have?  DH is worried that the co-pays will cost quite a bit.  Did you pay co-pays each week? We have GIC.

How are the sessions run?  I guess what I'm really interested in knowing is what do you do each week when you meet at Joslin?

Thanks for responding!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS