Hurt, HURT BEYOND BELIEF...somebody HELP!!!!!!!

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 17
annestavropoulos@ymail.com Posted: Sun, Dec 12 2010 11:50 AM

I am dumbfounded, shocked, angry, and hurt..............disappointed beyond belief.......I was diagnosed officially in 2006 as a severe brittle diabetic, and the internist there was outstanding................However, I ran out of money to pay him , and the big issue in his office was his nurse practitioner, who shall remain nameless................she shoved  her religion down my throat, and I won't discuss religion here, she tried to remove the internist's diagnoses of my diabetes, because she was prejudiced with poor people beyond belief, the internist found out she was trying to mess with peoples' records, he almost fired her on the spot, wanted to know if I wanted to go to court with him ...............I wanted to know why he wouldn't just fire her on the spot 1st...............so, I gave up on them and went to a cheaper place, a  home health clinic, this last July, and the doctor there was nice as heck the 1st day, but told me he was running low on money..........HUH..........I feel sorry for doctors that are running low on money, I honestly do, and I made payments as I was supposed to do..........without a doubt..........................Then, he runs updated bloodwork..........which is the natural standard procedure to do, but THEN, after I brought in my record showing and prooving I had already been diagnosed diabetic, he too tried to erase it!!!!!!!!!!!   Not that I ever wanted to be diabetic, but I am furious, hurt.........................He went WAY out of his way to turn a COMPLETE BLIND EYE that I had already been diagnosed..................I double checked and triple checked --------even rubbed my eyes in disbelief...................yeah, that would be great if they had a cure for diabetes...............that would be the wonderful, but there is no cure currently, and THEN, I asked him " What ever happened to the proof I brought you that I was diagnosed by one of the BEST diabetic internists in Iowa?"  He then had the AUDACITY to lie to me, say the record was not there in the entire office at ALL.....................I GAVE HIM PLENTY OF TIME ................a whopping 3 months , to look over my records, I even ran off copies of it..............took the record in there TWICE since July, so there was no doubt whatsoever they had it on record, because the day I brought it in, I said " Are you sure you have it on file now?" They said " Yes...................."   To put it in a nutshell, the doctor kept INSISTING I am not diabetic at ALL.......................nothing could be farthest from the truth..........I could understand him disagreeing on my TYPE, THAT I could understand........but, to say I am not diabetic at ALL......................was a complete LIE..........................He THEN went way out of his way to pick at me, then try to turn the tables on me saying I was a bully,...........................He THEN pulled up all the LOWEST numbers I ever had in his computer monitor...........and said " SEE................NO NOWHERE NEAR diabetes"  He then STOOD UP at one point and tried like a DOG to make me seem BELIGERENT THREATENING, like I was a THREAT to kids with juvenile diabetes................UNBELIEVABLE..........................I am BEYOND DISAPPOINTED, TIRED of the abuse..................IS ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN RELATE TO THIS?   I don't need to be REDIAGNOSED when I was ALREADY DIAGNOSED as diabetic WITHOUT A DOUBT........................I AM TIRED, VERY VERY VERY VERY disappointed and hurt.......my A1cs were really really good over the last 2 years, they dipped down , because I didn't have supper over half the time, ...................due to being so poor.........I work my tail off at 2 jobs that pay little.........I cannot afford health insurance......my A1C at one time was 16, then it dipped down to 7 or 8, then, found out I almost went BLIND in one eye when I was 8 years old........................when I was in grade school, 1976-1984, I had a general physician who said my breath was WAY way way sweet, so he took my fasting , it was 160.....................he called it prediabetes.................I am NOT prediabetic, he also turned a blind eye to diabetes, but was really good with viruses, etc.....................I am TIRED of this..................NOW, I have to find a NEW doctor........sorry to sound so hostile, but WHY ME????????????????????  As in, WHY ME for this kind of neglect, ignorance, and abuse................Alls I can say is I was already diagnosed without a doubt............I double checked, triple checked, etc........this is stressful , SERIOUSLY stressful, as I had to drive to the emergency room yesterday to tell the hospital I go to what happened with this last doctor , because if I ever need to get treated by paramedics, or the E.R., this last doctor INPUTED in the computer systems that are hooked up to the hospital, that I am NOT DIABETIC......................I was given slow acting insulin 2 years ago IN THE ER, WHAT more proof does this abusive doctor WANT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER go back to his office again...................I'll just PAY off my bill, and I am DONE with him...............I am ASTOUNDED that he is not afraid of a LAWSUIT.........just ASTOUNDED.....................I checked before I signed on with him in July to make sure his credentials were excellent, and they were, the nurses just RAVED about what a nice man he is, and how he listens to all his patients.........................Thank you for listening ...........................sorry people had to hear all of this stressful stuff.......ANNE

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 111
Jorgie replied on Sun, Dec 12 2010 8:11 PM

The first thing you have to do is calm done. That stress is really bad for you.

Questions for you: Have you had an A1c test?

How often do you check your blood glucose?

I know it sounds hard, Anne, but PLEASE try to calm done first.

Jorgie

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 17

Yes..............I have calmed down, thank you...................I was already diagnosed with an A1C of 8, 16, and then lower numbers that bobbed around all the time.......................yeah, you're right, the stress of getting worked up is really bad....................I went ahead and checked all my records, and it shows I've been diabetic....................sorry for getting so worked up.................it's just that I refuse to be treated like somebody I'm not................the doctor I just left, at the home health clinic, refused , and adamantly refused , to look at any numbers I had and every multiple symptom I had for years as a diabetic..................I'm sorry, but that is just downright abusive........................glad I won't go back there............I don't support doctors who abuse............Anne

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 2
IngrySosa replied on Wed, Dec 15 2010 9:51 PM

An A1C of 8 is not that bad .

Anne you can actually control your diabetes very good if you start now and eat healthy .. exercise .. just letting you know that stress is not good at all it sometimes can raise and lower your blood sugar instantly .

Goodluck however with your other problems i wish nothing but the best for you .

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 111
Jorgie replied on Thu, Dec 16 2010 7:14 PM

See, Anne, you already have a couple people in your corner.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2
kitelady replied on Fri, Dec 17 2010 9:50 AM

Compared with my initiation to being diagnosed as diabetic and many people that I have spoken with;

Doctors by and large are making diagnosis of "diabetes" with very little information. In one blood test, under less than perfect conditions... my doctor declared me a diabetic, issued a prescription for $300 per month pills and told me that a nurse would educate me on my condition. The nurse stepped in the door way and dumped two handfuls of pamphlets on me and said it's almost five, we are closing now.

I'm surprised that you are still distraught, from my experience and "diabetic learning curve"; the over-all denial and coming to terms with what your body is or isn't performing with regard to "insulin" and "insulin resistance" phase usually takes a month or two to understand.

Of course, the financial aspects of any health care appear to be the "focus" of the medical care. The "sicker" we can be shown to be "the more money can be charged." It is the scare tactics that I find most offensive, and yes; diabetic diagnosis is very frightening.

First, look to yourself; as the best person to take care of you. Get your diet, exercise and a plan for life style change. My husband supported me with these goals. We became an active team looking for "non-prescription" choices that would improve, repair and possibly reduce the first diagnosis of being diabetic.

By eliminating my carbohydrates eaten at each meal, exercise and constantly learning more about being "insulin resistant";I feel that our family has evolved to a healthier life.

And by the way, this was done without eating 2 cups of broccoli each day; the first set of phamlets made it sound as if I would never enjoy a meal again...

Let the past go, stress can effect the all medical tests.

Kite Lady

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS