mini-meals

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 150 Contributor
Male
6 Posts
concretejoe posted on Mon, Jan 3 2011 10:26 AM
o.k. here's what I want to do: I want to buy or make a mini-meal bar that is properly balanced and only has about 100 calories each. Then I'm going to figure out how many calories I need to consume daily in order to maintain my ideal weight. With that knowledge, I will divide up the meals into several mini-meals throughout the day. For example; if I need 1600 calories per day then I will eat 1 bar per hour 16 hours per day. Has anyone ever done this? Can anyone suggest a bar that has all the correct nutrients in the right proportions or maybe a recipe for one?

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
78 Posts

Dear Concretejoe,

I would never throw water an entrepreneur's ideas but it will be very difficult to find a commericial meal bar that meets all of your micronutrient requirements even if you eat a number of them.  There are a number of medical grade beverages that can do that.  However, I am not sure why you would want to.  Usually these are recommended for people who are not eating adequately or used as an intitial treatment in a medically supervised weight loss program.  Is there a particular reason you wish use supplements instead of whole foods?

Top 150 Contributor
Male
6 Posts
It's not that I desire to use supplements. I want simplification. I drive a concrete truck for a living and I rarely have time throughout the day to eat hot food. I honestly believe that this would be a healthy way of eating. I think it would be good for my metabolism and my BG levels. Also, it will help with changing my attitude towards food. I tend to eat the same stuff everyday anyway so boredome is not a problem. I've thought this through and would like to try it if I can find or come up with a bar that would do what I need it to do.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS