Finally, we figured this out!

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 140
shortie replied on Tue, Jan 27 2009 12:50 PM

Don

This is Tuesday , not Friday! haha  Is this a joke?  Actually I think it could be true!  My sister and I believe that T2 diabetes is also spread like cancer( we have never said a word about that belief tho cause we knew everyone would laugh)......virus yes.

shortie

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 374
Simi_Papa replied on Tue, Jan 27 2009 1:32 PM

Not a joke.  This was on the new yesterday.  A real scientific study.

Bill

"May the Force be with you!"

Diagnosed in 1997; Off all meds except Metformin!! Smile

www.nvhealthy.com

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 306
donw replied on Tue, Jan 27 2009 7:11 PM

Shortie, even I couldn't make this stuff up!Big Smile

Don

"O Diem Praeclarum!"Big Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 133

I HATE these kinds of studies.  So, wow, 30% of obese people had this virus, and only 11% of normal weighted people did, how many other data sets can you find like this?  Suppose obese people are more susceptible to contracting this virus?  Guess the researchers never considered that possibility.

Wonder who paid for this research?  There is no more profitable enterprise in the world than modern industrial food production, pay farmeres a few bucks a bushel for grain, a few pennies for high fructose corn syrup, and a few more pennies to chemical companies, and you can produce 'heart healthy, low fat foods' that will add pounds to the gullible public.  No people on earth become obese who do not also eat refined carbohydrates.  This should be so obvious by now, that one has to wonder if any of the 'authorities' are not so tainted by financial incentives, that they cannot be independent experts to further the public health.  If people would give up refined carbohydrates, heart disease, obesity, and diabetes would cease being epidemic diseases, and go back to where they were at the beginning of the 20th century when we weren't consuming but a fraction of today's intake of refined carbohydrates.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 140
shortie replied on Wed, Jan 28 2009 6:49 AM

Could you computer techies in this board tell me what this actually  means?   I have a Macbook.  It tells me when sites I go to are " Not supplying identity information"  and my connnection is not encrypted.......so information sent over this site is able to be seen by other people.....  now that tells me that it is not affiliated with Joslin at all cause they would not allow that!@!!! Right?

I do not usually go to sites that are not encrypted....certainly do not put any info on them that could be stolen......ugh!  Help me here...I am starting to feel my blood sugar rise.

shortie

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 432
Ron AKA replied on Wed, Jan 28 2009 10:58 AM

I think information is typically only encrypted when it is credit card, bank account, or the like. For example when you book an air flight the pages typically are not encrypted until you get to the one where you enter your personal information and credit card data.

At least I think that is the way it works.

Ron

Not a med prof. Just diabetic type 2 on Prandin, Levemir, ramipril, bisoprolol, & Crestor. Diag. Feb/01.

"I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that don't work." - Thomas Edison

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 374
Simi_Papa replied on Wed, Jan 28 2009 1:56 PM

The vast majority of sites are unencrypted.  As Ron mentioned, encription is used to protect credidt card information etc.  This (Joslin) isn't encrypted, but your personal information is only available to you and the webmaster.  I suppose a hacker could get in, but why bother?  The other part of the message could mean that you are not using an encrypted network.  You should always use encription to secure your hoome network, especially wireless networks.  Hardwired networks are behind two firewalls, the router/modem used and you computer.  Most public wi-fi sites are not encrypted (like Starbucks, etc.) are not encrypted and you should never send any private data, even to secure sites, on an unencrypted wireless network.  I'll bet you are using a wireless network to accesss the internet with your Macbook and you did not set up your wireless network with incryption.

Bill

"May the Force be with you!"

Diagnosed in 1997; Off all meds except Metformin!! Smile

www.nvhealthy.com

Top 25 Contributor
Male
Posts 111
Jorgie replied on Wed, Jan 28 2009 2:28 PM

Oops, I've got it. Stick out tongue

jorgie

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS