attention webmaster I can't get logged in with my real user name, GreenGiant

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 14 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
3 Posts
temp posted on Tue, Jan 27 2009 3:53 PM | Locked

I have been unable to log in with my user name GreenGiant since I first created the account.  I have tried the "forgot password" button.  I received an email back with a link to click that would allow me to change my password, but when I click on the link I get access denied because I don't have permission.  can you help me fix this so I can get access back under my regular user name?

Thank You

Fred the GreenGiant

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
Female
140 Posts
Answered (Verified) shortie replied on Wed, Jan 28 2009 6:52 AM | Locked
Verified by temp

Everyone this is what happened to me back when this site happened.  I could not log in.....I could not log in using my new password....I had to ask Eric to help.  But I do not think Eric is here anymore!  Please read my post about this site not being encrypted!   That sounds so un Joslin like.  What does everyone else think?   Who is running this board?  And for what reason? Help......

shortie

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Male
306 Posts
donw replied on Tue, Jan 27 2009 7:15 PM | Locked

Hey Fred, I was wondering where you have been lately.  I wonder how many others had this issue and just gave up.

Don

"O Diem Praeclarum!"Big Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Male
133 Posts
nomorecarbs replied on Tue, Jan 27 2009 7:58 PM | Locked

None of the old forum data has been transferred to the new forum (though some of the posts have now been transferred).  I think Joslin should have made this clearer but the fact is that you need to register again as if you had never been a member before.  You can still register as Green Giant as long as no one else has claimed that moniker (I don't think anyone has).  The new forum doesn't recognize any of the old posters.  You need to start anew.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
140 Posts
Answered (Verified) shortie replied on Wed, Jan 28 2009 6:52 AM | Locked
Verified by temp

Everyone this is what happened to me back when this site happened.  I could not log in.....I could not log in using my new password....I had to ask Eric to help.  But I do not think Eric is here anymore!  Please read my post about this site not being encrypted!   That sounds so un Joslin like.  What does everyone else think?   Who is running this board?  And for what reason? Help......

shortie

Top 25 Contributor
Female
100 Posts
kat replied on Wed, Jan 28 2009 5:17 PM | Locked

Shortie,

Why should/would the Joslin site be encrypted?  We're not posting social security, credit card, or other info which could be misused.  I wonder whether Apple uses a different definition of "encrypted" from what it is generally understood to mean?

EDIT:

Please do not post my email address as this is a common way for spammers to get emails. Thanks -> Eric

T2, diagnosed 12/98.  Diet and exercise 2/03 - 11/08.  Now back on metformin 500 ER.

Top 200 Contributor
3 Posts
temp replied on Thu, Jan 29 2009 10:39 AM | Locked

I did create a new account named Green Giant on the new boards when they were first created.  I have however been unable to log back in to that account.

Top 200 Contributor
3 Posts
temp replied on Thu, Jan 29 2009 10:42 AM | Locked

Thanks Kat.  I just tried sending him an email.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
432 Posts
Ron AKA replied on Thu, Jan 29 2009 1:08 PM | Locked

temp:
I did create a new account named Green Giant on the new boards when they were first created.  I have however been unable to log back in to that account.

I do see you are registered as GreenGiant. When you try to sign in is there an option or link which says "forgot your password?" or something like that. Normally they will send you your password to the e-mail you entered when you registered.

Ron

Not a med prof. Just diabetic type 2 on Prandin, Levemir, ramipril, bisoprolol, & Crestor. Diag. Feb/01.

"I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that don't work." - Thomas Edison

Top 25 Contributor
Male
54 Posts
Eric replied on Thu, Jan 29 2009 3:30 PM | Locked

Hi.

Please see your email.

Thanks,

ERic

Top 10 Contributor
Male
432 Posts
Ron AKA replied on Thu, Jan 29 2009 9:22 PM | Locked

Fred, if you manage to get in, here is an avatar for you.

Ron

Not a med prof. Just diabetic type 2 on Prandin, Levemir, ramipril, bisoprolol, & Crestor. Diag. Feb/01.

"I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that don't work." - Thomas Edison

Top 50 Contributor
Male
33 Posts
GreenGiant replied on Fri, Jan 30 2009 11:48 AM | Locked

Eric responded and reset my password so I was able to get back in as GreenGiant.  and thanks to Ron, I have a nifty new avatar.

it's good to be back.

Fred

Fred

Type 1

Minimed Paradigm 522 and CGM

"Any idiot can face a crisis, it's the day to day living that wears you down."

Anton Checkov

Top 10 Contributor
Female
251 Posts
Spirit replied on Fri, Jan 30 2009 11:55 AM | Locked

Ho, ho, ho, Fred.  Very cool avatar.

Sprit

Top 25 Contributor
Female
100 Posts
kat replied on Fri, Jan 30 2009 12:36 PM | Locked

Fabulous, Fred!  Good to see you back.

T2, diagnosed 12/98.  Diet and exercise 2/03 - 11/08.  Now back on metformin 500 ER.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
306 Posts
donw replied on Fri, Jan 30 2009 3:49 PM | Locked

Welcome back buddy, good to hear from you again.

Don

"O Diem Praeclarum!"Big Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Male
54 Posts
Eric replied on Fri, Jan 30 2009 4:10 PM | Locked

YAY! Ok, you are in

and this thread is closed.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS