Using This Web Site

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 50
tomjef Posted: Thu, Jun 30 2011 7:25 PM

From time to time, several medalists and aspiring medalists have posted on this web site. The site is provided by Joslin, and we should be using it. How about it. Where are the rest of you? There are at least 100 of us who were in Boston on June 4, 2011. There must be some of us who are on the internet. And there are a lot more who just can't wait to get their medals!

Tom Beatson

dx Dec 1942, insulin pump since 1995

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 173
zrebiec replied on Fri, Jul 1 2011 8:22 AM

Tom,

That's a great idea not only to connect with one another, but I am sure that the group has much wisdom to share and many inspirational stories. Thanks for the suggestion.

John Zrebiec, MSW, CDE

Joslin Moderator

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 55
AnnetteUK replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 8:42 PM

Well said Tom!!  I thought more wou;d be visiting this Joslin site.... via emails I am in touch with 2 other 50 plus years Medalists... I need try to lure them in here!!!!! 

~Annette~   diag: As a juvenile in England in 1958. Still complication free...and praying!!!! ;) 

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 50
tomjef replied on Sun, Nov 4 2012 6:54 PM

On Saturday Nov. 3, on Facebook, Richard Vaughn informed his friends that he was in the hospital with a brain hemorrhage which was a result of a fall a couple of weeks ago. A procedure was being performed to drain the excess blood. Today, Sunday, Richard has reported that the procedure was successful, and I have noted that he has been busy making friends with the many people who had sent prayers and good wishes, and who were not already friends. Richard is a 50-Year Medalist, and has been T1 for about 67 years. It appears that he has been doing all of the above Facebook interaction with little or no assistance. I am praying that Richard's recovery will be complete and uneventful.

Tom Beatson

Top 50 Contributor
Male
Posts 50
tomjef replied on Thu, Nov 8 2012 10:57 PM

Update on Richard Vaughn. Richard reported that he was sent home from the hospital, and is continuing to recover. He also reported that on the way home, he and Anita were in a taxi. The car ahead of the taxi struck a deer, and their taxi was able to avoid hitting the car ahead, but they did run over the deer. Close call!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS