Warm low blood sugar, cold high blood sugar

rated by 0 users
This post has 9 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 6
Darly314 Posted: Fri, Jan 13 2012 11:15 PM

Does anyone else experience this? I feel warm when my blood sugar is  low, cold when it rises. 

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 2
songwriter replied on Thu, Jan 26 2012 10:40 AM

I asked my dr about that recently, and she said many people are able to tell if their glucose is rising or falling.  When mine lowers, I feel a sensation too abstract to describe, but I have felt like I was starting to sweat at times.  When it rises, I feel several sensations, again difficult to find descriptive terms, but the closest I can come to is a buzzing or hyper feeling.  At the onset of rising glucose, I sometimes feel an odd, brief euphoric feeling.  (I'm not on any medication or insulin yet that could lower my glucose to dangerous levels. Just on Metformin and Januvea.)

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 135
RobertIA replied on Tue, Jan 31 2012 12:00 AM

Consider yourself lucky to have symptoms.  Many people have sweating, dizziness, and a few other symptoms of low blood glucose (hypoglycemia), however, very few have recognizable symptoms for hyperglycemia (high blood glucose).  Learn to recognize these and heed the warnings.  Also learn to test when this happens.  The extremes are both serious and can be fatal if ignored.

Type 2 (10/2003)   Lantus and Novalog   Now added Metformin      Retired

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 27
Camilla replied on Fri, Feb 3 2012 6:47 PM

I feel hungry and as if a switch has been thrown when I get lowish. But actually the only way to really tell is by testing. I have sometimes felt really really hungry, only to find that my bg is more than 5.5mm. You can get 'false hypos' so the best thing is to test before eating anything to correct them. If they are false, best not to eat anything. The body gets used to normal lower levels over a matter of time.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 140
shortie replied on Sun, Feb 5 2012 9:30 AM

Good descriptions!  I get hungry if my glucose is high!  And also sleepy.

Not Ranked
Posts 1

Feeling warm or cold is just a usual thing. Just be alarm when you always feel sleepy or the other way around.

ipad 2 keyboard case

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 9
ken hanly replied on Thu, Jun 21 2012 11:44 AM

I have type 2. Until I started taking insulin I had some high BG episodes but never low. When my BG gets high I just feel sleepy. Now I am taking insulin I have low episodes. I start to sweat and am shaky. I get to have a small sweet treat! Whenever I break out in a sweat I test immediately.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 6
Darly314 replied on Thu, Jun 21 2012 11:54 AM

Thanks, I take Onglyza, which is controlling my blood sugar.

Not Ranked
Posts 1

Hi. Good descriptions! I get hungry if my glucose is high! And also sleepy. Wilma @ custom essay.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 6
Darly314 replied on Wed, Jan 16 2013 9:13 AM

Same here. Hungry means high for me.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS