organic and pasture fed

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 140
shortie Posted: Sun, Feb 5 2012 6:21 PM

Has anyone tried to buy local foods, organic and pasture fed meats?  I am doing so and feeling so much better and my numbers reflect this.  No processed foods to speak of either.  So much of our foods are packed in third world countries and our own products having other countries foods added to them ---not following our growing regulations.  There is nothing like a pasture fed chicken egg!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 27
Camilla replied on Sun, Feb 5 2012 6:49 PM

We get our eggs from a farm where the hens are free and happy. I try to buy organic unprocessed food whenever I can too. I totally agree with you, these days I feel so much healthier for doing this. All the migraines and indigestion I used to get has gone because of eating fresh simple delicious food - as nature intended.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 140
shortie replied on Wed, Feb 8 2012 3:31 PM

Big Smile  Oh good!  I am seeing more of this pasture fed and organic stuff on the television cooking shows too....Dr Oz is also recommending it...my local grocery is also putting organic on the regular shelves instead of in the ORGANIC section.  I am hoping to see the whole nation move this way and stop factory raised animals and imported veggies and fruits and fruit juices. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2

We get our eggs from a farm where the hens are free and happy. I try to buy organic unprocessed food whenever I can too. I totally agree with you, these days I feel so much healthier for doing this. indiantag

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 137
Tor replied on Thu, Feb 9 2012 2:38 PM

I'll second that shorty. If people only knew how much crap they literally are eating on an average day.

That applies in particular to the grain fed beef in North America, whose meat incidentally has been banned from Europe for the past 20 years. Personally I limit the amount of beef I eat, preferring chicken, pork or lamb as a rule, but if I do get a steak I choose New Zealand free grazing beef products from the freezer counter.

Tor

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 140
shortie replied on Thu, Feb 9 2012 10:23 PM

Sounds good Tor!  We are lucky here where we live cause we have a Mennonite community that have their stores where they sell local pasture fed beef that they butcher.  How lucky can I be! They have their own chickens too.  If only everyone would stop and think about what they are eating.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS