do i have diabetes

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
A2college Posted: Fri, Feb 24 2012 9:54 AM

i have recently been feeling swollen on my hads feet and legs always so tierd and very thirsty i am over weight and just wondering if that can be my problem too but i been over weight..

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 120
amrad replied on Fri, Feb 24 2012 6:22 PM

I would get tested, tired, and thirsty are a couple symptoms.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 137
Tor replied on Sat, Feb 25 2012 6:12 PM

Diabetes type II is caused by a combination of genetics and a sedate lifestyle. Not everyone who has the genes (i.e. family members with diabetes) will develop the disease, but those who do and who let their guard down by over-eating and under-exercising, thereby becoming overweight, usually will.

That said, the only way to find out is to have your blood sugars tested - your doctor can refer you to a lab for that. There are do-it-yourself testing machines available, but they are meant for ongoing maintenance programs, not so much for the initial diagnosis.

Tor

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 5

Tor is right! You better to undergo blood sugar lab test for you to know if you have diabetes.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 27
Camilla replied on Wed, Feb 29 2012 6:17 PM

Not necessarily. Best thing is go to your doctor and have blood tests. Whatever the result it will always be a good thing to lose weight, eat low carb and take exercise.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 51
ckdsite replied on Fri, Mar 23 2012 8:47 AM

diabetes have some symptoms:Frequent urination、 Frequent hunger、 Disproportionate thirst、 Serious loss of body weight, you can see it.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS