Study about type 2 diabetes

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 173
zrebiec Posted: Wed, Apr 25 2012 12:39 PM

My name is Jessie Fontanella and I am a Counseling Psychology Ph.D. candidate enrolled at Fordham University. I am currently recruiting individuals to participate in my dissertation research which has been approved by Fordham University’s Institutional Review Board and Joslin’s Committee on Human Studies. Thank you very much for considering!!

Description: This is a research study investigating whether certain factors, such as the relationship with your physician, affect how you follow through with type 2 diabetes treatment recommendations (e.g., following a diet, exercising, monitoring blood sugar, etc.). Eligible participants are asked to complete an anonymous online survey. You will not be required to provide any information that could be used to identify you. The survey should take no longer than 20 minutes to complete.  The results will help us to better understand treatment adherence, and to show our appreciation for your willingness to participate, we will be donating $2 to the American Diabetes Association for each survey completed.

To access the survey, please use the following link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/diabetestreatment

Eligibility: You are invited to participate if you are: a) at least 18 years old; b) able to read and write in English; c) have received a diagnosis of type 2 diabetes at least two (2) years ago; d) able to carry out diabetes self-care activities on your own; and e) have met with the same physician who treats you for type 2 diabetes on at least three (3) separate occasions over the past two (2) years.

Contact:  If you have any questions or would like to receive the results of this study, please contact Jessie Fontanella, MSEd at fontanella@fordham.edu.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 12
DeeF replied on Fri, Apr 27 2012 2:53 PM

Done! Hoping this helps, the donation is nice too!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS