Dry Skin in People with Diabetes

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 18
kidneycare Posted: Thu, Oct 11 2012 2:30 AM

Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disorder. If Diabetes is poorly controlled, the people are at risk for developing many complications, such as diabetic foot, diabetic kidney disease, nerve damage, cardiovascular diseases. And the complications of Diabetes are very harmful for human health. Skin ulcers, itching or dry skin are associated to multiple factors in people with Diabetes. Only if people know the inducing cause of dry skin, can them take effective preventive/treatment measures to control the symptom.

Dry Skin in People with Diabetes 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 120
amrad replied on Fri, Oct 12 2012 11:14 PM

moisturize

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 18

Skin disease in Diabetes may also occur in case of skin infections. People with Diabetes have high levels of glucose in their bloodstream. High sugar level will make a favorable environment for intrusion of molds. In daily life, taking care for good skin hygiene is important. Keep your skin moist, and remember not to scratch your skin because this may create tiny openings in the skin and worsen the condition.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2

Years ago [ about 25] after finnally being referred to a dermatologist [turned out he was a Type 1 diabetic too] I was advised to use bath oil at the end of my shower - it works very well - light oil works better than heavy. Also more recently [~ 10 years  I've started to apply a moistureized 'butter'/ ointment with glyycerin / cocoa in it to both  feet and hands at night - doing well here too. During the winter when it's really dry sometimes 'cetirizine' [antihistamine originally designed for itchy skin] is required. Of course adequate hydration and any kind of activity daily is part of the 'dry skin plan'!Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS