gastric bypass and chronic hypoglycemia

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 1
cag7474 Posted: Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:36 PM

Hello,

I am not a diabetic but prior to my gastric bypass in 2011 I was close to becoming one.Currently my problem involves very low blood sugars.I guess my pancreas releases insulin for a larger person and now that my weight has normalized my blood sugars have dropped below 50 quite frequently.Two nights ago I woke up with a racing heart beat,sweats,and the shakes.I must have been very low because I was beginning to see black spots before my eyes.I quickly ate 3 glucose tabs,had a Greek yogurt and sat down.It took me about 15 minutes before I felt semi-normal.I'm worried this will continue to happen because, if history is an indicator,it has only gotten worse and harder to control as I am further out from my surgery.I am a nurse by profession,that is why I know how to check my sugars.Additionally,I am trying to limit my carbs and I try to refrain from sweets.I don't get dumping syndrome,but my blood sugars drop very low about 1/2 hour after I eat a very small amounts of concentrated sweets.     

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS