Leg cramps

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Lydia Posted: Mon, Sep 30 2013 7:48 PM

For years I had leg cramps and with my diabetes they happened more frequent and at time stronger. I take calcium and potassium supplements and they help but lately the dehydration has produced more frequent episodes so beside taking my water I added low sugar coconut water (high on potassium) and Pedialyte (it adds some sodium and glucose) for hydration and if I'm working outside and sweat or I pee too much I take low sugar Gatorade (it adds sodium) as well. There are times I wake up with such cramps I have to take all 3 in the middle of the night so I can walk again cause it makes my toes curl up and it is very painful.

The new problem is now I get the cramps in my abdomen under my breasts and it hurts so much they can linger for hours sometimes.

Another item that helps is tonic water with quinine it has some sodium I buy the diet kind with very low or no sugar it was recommended to a diabetic friend by his doctor a glass every night when I get home from work before bed time it seems to help.

Not Ranked
Posts 1

All of your problems with leg cramps sound all too familiar to me. I have just recently started suffering with leg cramps and I am sure that it is related to poor blood sugar control. Whatever the cause, it seems that none of the remedies suggested stop the cramps while they are happening. My niece, who is a nurse, gave me a creative solution that absolutely works for me: Three teaspoons full of mustard. Plain French's Mustard is fine. I have tried it and the cramps go away immediately. Also, apparently doctors have been recommending pickle juice for years. I have not tried it. Tonic water has worked for me as a prophylactic. 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS