anyone know how far into having diabetes complications can occur?

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 120
amrad Posted: Fri, Oct 4 2013 10:42 PM

any good websites that have charts, data, etc.. So far after 32 years no complications, but the recent eye exam got me thinking.

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 135
RobertIA replied on Fri, Oct 4 2013 11:16 PM

Amrad, don't count on any charts, data, etc..  With diabetes, it all depends on the individual and how well they manage their diabetes.  Are you type 1 or type 2? 

I can only say that my brother had type 2 and managed it for over 35 years before cancer and its treatments forced him to insulin for about three years before his death.  He had managed it without medications until that happened.  Several type 1 people are well over 50 years with no complications.  Others don't do as well and have the complications set in. 

Continue to manage it and see your doctors regularly to prevent problems.

Type 2 (10/2003)   Lantus and Novalog   Now added Metformin      Retired

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 120
amrad replied on Sat, Oct 5 2013 10:43 AM

type I, yeah I know it is all based on the individual as my sister is also type I and she does not take good care of herself and has neuropathy, and beginning signs of cataract. Someone must have done a study at some point.

Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 2

Amrad, the complication happened mostly if you didn't take care of yourself much. You cannot rely on the data itself as people have different ways on handling diabetes.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2
Allenwood replied on Fri, Mar 28 2014 2:37 AM

When someone asks you to contribute for as noble a cause as the help of the poor breast cancer patients you hardly doubt their honesty as you think someone cannot possible lie about such a noble cause but you are wrong. There exist some breast cancer society scam who take away the money of noble people in the name of welfare. They deceive people for their money and the money never reaches the destination the giver intended it to be. Kindly do make a thorough surveillance before putting your money in the wrong hands as the original societies like Breast Cancer Societies do not come to you to claim donations.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS