Can't lose weight

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2
Peachpits Posted: Wed, Mar 19 2014 8:45 PM

I have been using a low carb diet (Atkins) and exercising daily and I can't seem to lose a pound. I have become so depressed and discouraged.  I am type 2 diabetic and take oral meds and insulin.  Does anyone have any advise for me to lose some weight. Sad

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 3
danadoll86 replied on Thu, Mar 20 2014 10:29 AM

Don't know how old you are or how overweight you are.  I am a type 1 and experience similar issues for over 10 years during peri menopause.  Gained over 75 pounds and worked my a@#$ off trying to lose.  My endocrinologist told me I needed weight loss surgery because some of the other serious health issues I had developed, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc.  She put me on Qsymia.  I have lost over 45 pounds in the past 4 months.  Go to www.Qysmia.com and talk to your endocrinologist about this drug.

Dana L. Trent, 25 year Type 1 Veteran

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2
Peachpits replied on Thu, Mar 20 2014 1:23 PM

I am 53 and about 70 lbs over weight I also have high blood pressure etc. I will check into the Qysmia and thank you for responding to my post.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 3
zisel replied on Mon, Mar 24 2014 3:16 AM

Maybe you need to increase your time in exercise gradually. Since you are on 53, you're metabolism is decreasing too.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 78

Dear Peachpits,

It is important that you do not reduce your calories or carbohydrates too low. When you lose weight the body tries to hang onto calories by slowing the metabolism.  If you are eating too little this exaggerates things. It may help you to meet with a dietitian who is also a diabetes educator to help you lose weight while getting all the nutrition you need.  He or she can also point you to more weight friendly diabetes medications. 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS