Gloria Bernhard posted on Tue, Mar 30 2010 9:44 PM

50 year Medalist?? I would like to know how one applies

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 50 Contributor
Male
50 Posts
Answered (Verified) tomjef replied on Tue, Mar 30 2010 11:09 PM
Verified by Gloria Bernhard

Leah Whalen is the Joslin person to contact. If you don't hear from her as a result of your message, you can send her an email at leah.whelan@joslin.harvard.edu .

Tom Beatson

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Male
133 Posts

Hopefully, someone from Joslin will reply and give you the requested information.  I just want to say that you have my profound respect to have achieved such a milestone.  Given that personal glucose monitors weren't available for much of that 50 years,   I think that many of us would like to hear your thoughts about what enabled you to achieve such a milestone, when the only way of monitoring your diabetes was from urine analysis.

Top 50 Contributor
Male
50 Posts
Answered (Verified) tomjef replied on Tue, Mar 30 2010 11:09 PM
Verified by Gloria Bernhard

Leah Whalen is the Joslin person to contact. If you don't hear from her as a result of your message, you can send her an email at leah.whelan@joslin.harvard.edu .

Tom Beatson

Not Ranked
1 Posts
carl replied on Wed, Aug 3 2011 4:56 AM

No thing is able to make you feel so good as high academic results! Students work hard to gain that! Nevertheless, some fail their grades just because of bad academic writing technique. Nothing like that can happen if you buy essays at the essay writing service. Trust experts if you want to have got a real academic standards. 

Top 50 Contributor
Male
50 Posts
tomjef replied on Wed, Aug 10 2011 2:31 PM

Leah Whalen has moved on, and she has been replaced by Sara Turek, so Sara is now the person at Joslin to be contacted about 25-, 50-, and 75-year awards.

Tom Beatson, 68 years and aiming for 75

Not Ranked
1 Posts

Hopefully, someone from Joslin will reply and give you the requested information.  I just want to say that you have my profound respect to have achieved such a milestone.  Given that personal glucose monitors weren't available for much of that 50 years,   I think that many of us would like to hear your thoughts about what enabled you to achieve such a milestone, when the only way of monitoring your diabetes was from urine analysis.

Sildenafil Citrate 100mg

Not Ranked
Female
1 Posts

I would be interested in learning also, on behalf of my father, who (knock on wood) will have 75 years on insulin next September.  I believe that Eli Lilly also has a program.  Keep me in the loop!  Good for you - congratulations!

Jen Marler

Top 200 Contributor
4 Posts
tureks replied on Mon, Mar 26 2012 4:34 PM

Congratulations to your father on his nearly 75 years of insulin dependent diabetes!  To apply for the 50 or 75 year medal, we ask that you complete an application form (which can be found on this website, or I can email/mail you a copy).  We also ask for some form of documentation of the duration of diabetes.  Ideally, this documentation is in the form of medical records.  However, we understand that original medical records can be very difficult to obtain.  In the place of records, we also accept 2 to 3 letters of reference from family, long-time friends, current physician, etc. attesting to the duration of diabetes.

If you have any questions at all about the Medalist program, please feel free to call or email

Best,

Sara Turek

Study Coordinator

617-309-3481

sara.turek@joslin.harvard.edu

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS