sensor issues

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 4
Teach94 Posted: Sat, Feb 19 2011 10:50 AM

The last 10 days I have hardly slept at all. The alarms on my sensor/transmitter have been non stop. I get warm up, BG meter now, cal error, just to mention a few. called medtronic and talked to 5 different people all with different advice. Some said the insertion is wrong,some said the sensor was bad, some said I needed a new transmitter, some said the sight was bad. Frustrated, confused, and now angry. I have had Diabetes 50+ years and been on a pump for 11 years.Due to my many lows at work-( I teach kindergarten) we opted for the CGM. I have had the CGM for 9 months with no problems. Any thoughts out there would be welcomed.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 107
nance replied on Sun, Feb 20 2011 6:04 PM

Teach94:

The last 10 days I have hardly slept at all. The alarms on my sensor/transmitter have been non stop. I get warm up, BG meter now, cal error, just to mention a few. called medtronic and talked to 5 different people all with different advice. Some said the insertion is wrong,some said the sensor was bad, some said I needed a new transmitter, some said the sight was bad. Frustrated, confused, and now angry. I have had Diabetes 50+ years and been on a pump for 11 years.Due to my many lows at work-( I teach kindergarten) we opted for the CGM. I have had the CGM for 9 months with no problems. Any thoughts out there would be welcomed.

Teach, have you tried the Insulin Pumps boards: http://forums.joslin.org/JoslinDiscussionBoards/9.aspx ?

Nance, T2 dx 7/98; diet and exercise/no meds 11 yrs; 500mg Glucophage XR 4/day, 5mg Glucotrol XL 3/day; A1c av. in 6s.  Treadmill, elliptical, biking, Arc trainer, dumbbells, other resistance moves -- 30-60 minutes a day.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS