My Weight Loss Story

rated by 0 users
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 374
Simi_Papa Posted: Thu, Apr 21 2011 5:59 PM

I want to share something great that has happened to me. I've lost 20+ pounds and my wife has lost 30+ pounds since January 1 of this year. My A1c has dropped to 5.6 and I am about to get off Amaryl (2 mg/day). I now weigh less than I did when I graduated from college and my pants size has gone from 40 to 36, and I am still losing weight and inches. We lost the weight by substituting a highly nutritious (and great tasting) protein shake for breakfast and/or one other meal. I eat 1600 to 1800 calories per day and my wife 1200to 1400 calories per day, including the shake. Like many of you I have tried low calorie diets before, but I have never had such an easy time losing before. Many studies have shown that eating breakfast is a key to losing weight and eating more protein than carbs is also better for keeping that “full” feeling longer. Eating a protein shake for breakfast is easy and fast, especially for those who don't want to or don't have the time to make and eat breakfast. It's also a good way to maintain your weight when you reach your goals. I hope that when I get to my target weight I will be off the Byetta and not need my CPAP for sleeping. I also expect to get off my bp meds, probably before I reach my target weight. If you are interested in learning more you can click the link below.

Want to know more?

Bill

"May the Force be with you!"

Diagnosed in 1997; Off all meds except Metformin!! Smile

www.nvhealthy.com

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS