insulin pumps

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2
Gzee Posted: Mon, May 16 2011 11:31 PM

how can we get an unbiased accounting of pumps/good/bad, when medtronics sponsors this site.  Remove name will go online with some other Diabetes outfit, not funded by mftrs who are only interested in one thing, MONEY. Thought Joslin would be different. FOr those who may want to stufy the Metronic lawsuit, go online With Sailontzs and Kurtz. I don't even have a pump and this is getting deeper!!

Top 10 Contributor
Male
Posts 374
Simi_Papa replied on Tue, May 17 2011 3:43 AM

First of all it costs money to maintain these bulletin boards and it is nice that Medtronics  is the sponsor.  Second, this board is about the diabetics who post here, not propaganda for any manufacturer.  The users make 95% of the posts, not the moderators.  So you're getting the opinions and experience of actual users/diabetics and that is what we are all about here.  Your post makes it pretty clear that you have no experience with this board and know nothing about what is posted here.

Bill

"May the Force be with you!"

Diagnosed in 1997; Off all meds except Metformin!! Smile

www.nvhealthy.com

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 173
zrebiec replied on Tue, May 17 2011 7:46 AM

Medtronics helps underwrite some of the costs for maintaining this site, but has absolutely no influence or say over what is posted on the site by either the users or the moderators.

John Zrebiec, MSW, CDE

Joslin Moderator

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 384
jen1229 replied on Thu, May 19 2011 9:56 AM

ditto what Bill said.

Jen  - LevemirConfused and Novalog Wink A1c 5.8

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 3
smc_2001 replied on Thu, May 19 2011 11:45 PM

I have a pump-a one touch ping and I really like it. I have actually had it replaced once and my meter replaced twice since having it. They have a great customer service team and I just love my pump!

Top 200 Contributor
Male
Posts 4

Ditto to what Simi Papa posted.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS