rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 1
rehills2010 Posted: Wed, Nov 9 2011 1:26 PM

My daughter is 15 yrs. old and has had type 1 diabetes since she was 5. Her diabetes is completely out of control, and I am so afraid it is going to kill her or mame her very early in life. She has been on an insulin pump for 5 yrs. now to no avail. We are constantly in the hospital for 2-3 days at a time. I think in 2010 she had spent something like 80 or 90 days in the hospital. This is unexcusable and I don't know where to turn next. I have asked and asked until I'm out of breath of her doctor to do something different or lead me down a different path and nothing. They just say this happens with young girls and it will get better. I'm tired of waiting on better. I'm ready to make a change or find out anything that can help. I have researched and researched and have found no plan, no ideas. I would love to be able to do a pancreas or islet cell transplant, but I hear they won't do it for someone less than 18 yrs. of age. But they also say it depends on how uncontrolled and severe the diabetes is. Hers meets those criteria I think. I am willing to give her my pancreas or cells. I don't care if I end up with the disease. I'm here to save her life at any cost. For the last 2 months now we have been sick, missing school, missing work, and in the hospital every other week. Which I cannot believe. I have even found myself trying to blame her because it seems to coincidental to be an every other week occurance. I am at my wits end and I need someone's help. Please if you have any information that could help us, please call or email me. Thank you for your time.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 374

I don't understand how, in five years, you have not been able to come up with a meal plan and pump adjustments that put allow her to have more control.  Is her eating out of control?  Does her body react differently to the same food over time?  Do you use a continuous glucose monitoring system?  Is she motivated to work on getting her disease under control?  I hear your frustration and concern, but you can't fix this for her, she must make the effort to get her disease under control.

"May the Force be with you!"

Diagnosed in 1997; Off all meds except Metformin!! Smile

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 24
mariazhang replied on Thu, Nov 10 2011 11:27 PM

Many parents are broken hearted by the fact their children are diagnosed as Type 1 Diabetes because their children are going to spend whole life to fight with illness.

However, with the development of medical technology, a new therapy is born-stem cell transplant. stem cell transplant works very well in treating Diabetes, you can consult some information about it

no one  deserves the illnessDevil

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS