Posts 2
RAD412001 Posted: Mon, Feb 6 2012 12:48 PM

any help with type 2 and NASH wiuld be helpfull

rad412001

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 27
Camilla replied on Mon, Feb 6 2012 1:08 PM

I can help with Type 2 but I am afraid I don't know what NASH is? Please explain and let us see if we can help each other.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 120
amrad replied on Tue, Feb 7 2012 7:27 PM

Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis or NASH is a common, often “silent” liver disease. It resembles alcoholic liver disease, but occurs in people who drink little or no alcohol. The major feature in NASH is fat in the liver, along with inflammation and damage. Most people with NASH feel well and are not aware that they have a liver problem. Nevertheless, NASH can be severe and can lead to cirrhosis, in which the liver is permanently damaged and scarred and no longer able to work properly.

From the NIH

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2
RAD412001 replied on Wed, Feb 15 2012 12:50 PM

Hi

You are correct.  The doctors have only found this problem within the last 20 years. what they do not know is what triggers the event.  for me the only external results I saw was a swelling of the my left leg. along with a lack of  strength,  my weight shot up from 245 to 286 in about 7 to 10 days before I went on the fluid pills. after the liver bisopy was performed I waw told that my liver has been damaged and will not repair its self.  I do not drink, smoke or use the salt shaker , so they put it under the term NASH because they don't have any other place to put it. They do not have a cure or a pill to make the problem go away,  they have told me to go on a low salt diet. so here I am trying to keep my carbs low along with a low-salt diet.  Not much out there.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS