High Low Effects

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
1 Posts
nancyh posted on Tue, Jan 29 2013 9:25 AM

My son was diagnosed with Type I when he was seven; he is now 14.  I have to rely on him to tell me how he feels since I have no true idea about the physical feelings associated with diabetes.  As a teen, he has recently been experiencing highs followed by lows.  Yesterday he was low four times and then last night he was high (over 500) with moderate ketones.  Since he was diagnosed he complains that his body is tired and he feels worn out after experiencing extreme changes in his blood sugar levels.  Is this normal or is he trying to sleep in as any normal teen would? Thanks for any help/advice!  nancy

All Replies

Top 150 Contributor
Male
6 Posts
Suggested by michaelhamm

Your child with diabetes needs food at regular intervals, blood tests and insulin injections. Your child may not be able to tell you how he or she feels. So, making sure their blood glucose levels are within normal range is of paramount importance to their wellbeing. If you are in the U.S. or other developed countries, remember that there is plenty of medical and professional care and support available for your child. It is important to take the child to diabetes clinics and you also be visited by diabetes health professionals on a regular basis to discuss your child’s growth and development and diabetes control.  reed more here
about Symptoms for Diabetes in Children

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS