Uninsured non-US CItizen w/type 2 Diabetes

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 2
Krysia Posted: Fri, Sep 20 2013 10:58 AM

ok...here we go...  My fiance was brought to the US when he was years old(he is now 29).  He came with his parents and older sister.  The paperwork that was put through over the years for him to get a greencard, had been 'lost' back in 2001. He's got work papers, but that's it currently.  Before all of you get all OMG  HE SHOULD GO BACK TO WHERE HE CAME FROM SINCE HE'S NOT A CITIZEN!!!!!!!!!!!  Since he's lived here basically his whole life, he's just an "American without Citizenship".  Which really sucks cuz he hasn't been able to find a job with health coverage, and doesn't make enough money to buy health insurance.  He's been going to the local free clinic, and they put him on Janumet.  Which was fine, we could pay for that...  Now the problem is they have switched him to Metformin and Insulin.  Yeah...we sure can't afford insulin.  Any advice for where to get really cheap or free insulin?  Any help is much appreciated.  Smile

Much love and light to everyone, Krysia

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 4
Kristina replied on Fri, Sep 27 2013 3:26 PM

http://www.tudiabetes.org/notes/Diabetes_Patient_Assistance_Resources

I found this information. You could try contacting the companies for assistance. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 2
Krysia replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 1:55 PM

Thank you so much for the link. I'll be doing some research this weekend for my sweetie.  Geeked

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 4
Kristina replied on Sat, Sep 28 2013 8:45 PM

No problem. I hope it helps. Have a great weekend. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 2

If you're looking for insulin, a lot of online stores sell them without having insurance such as American Diabetes Wholesale.  If you're looking for diabetic shoes, you may want to check other online retailers such as Diabetic Shoes HuB as they have a large selection.

Blog - A blog explaining the important of diabetic shoes

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS